One of the most recognized names in stability running celebrates its Pearl Anniversary this year. Drawing past inspiration from muses such as the Stag Beetle (Kayano Trainer, 1993), Guitars (Kayano 13, 2007), and Cubism (Kayano 21, 2014), the ASICS Gel-Kayano is back with a sleuth of new features coupled with that trusted performance reputation we have all come to know and love.
Before we jump into the shoe’s specifics, one of our Philly Runner staff members has been logging some mileage in the 30s. Here are the particulars in her words…..
The Individual Experience, as shared with us by our very own Madison O’Neill:
I really love this update! I have worn the Kayano for years [and] the Kayano 30 is phenomenal. It feels the lightest out of every Kayano I’ve ever worn. I love the amount of cushion they added to the shoe – I cannot feel the ground and it is not too squishy. I feel very stable and comfortable in this shoe. I cannot say enough good things about it! This is my go–to trainer.
The Tech Talk:
Rearfoot Pure GEL™:
This updated technology features the same impact absorption properties as GEL™ technology – only 65% softer.
Engineered Stretch Knit Upper:
This supportive upper material helps reduce the need for traditional overlays. It’s breathable and also creates a more comfortable fit with better flexibility.
Full–Length FF Blast™ PLUS ECO:
One of our softest and most energetic midsole foam that helps provide cloud–like comfort. It’s also made with approximately 24% bio–based content.
4D GUIDANCE SYSTEM™:
An advanced take on stabilizing the foot based on biomechanical research. This medial foam unit helps support runners by adapting to pronation changes throughout their run – from first steps to final stride.
+4mm Midsole Stack Height:
The additional foam height helps create a more forgiving landing and a smoother ride.
Weight – 10.6oz (men’s size 9), 9.2oz (women’s size 8)
Heel-To-Toe Drop – 10mm
The Key Features:
• Reflective details designed to help improve visibility
• External back heel counter helps keep the foot stable and provide a more comfortable stride
• OrthoLite™ X-55 sockliner improves comfort. The sockliner is produced with the solution dyeing process that reduces water usage by approximately 33% and carbon emissions by approximately 45% compared to the conventional dyeing technology
• AHARPLUS™ heel plug improves the outsole durability
• Vegan Friendly: For this product, no materials of animal origin are applied in the design and material selection stages, including: the yarns, glues or other adhesives applied in the product. *The product is not certified as vegan by an independent third party.
The Finish Line:
The ASICS Gel–Kayano 30 is available online, as well as any of our four locations. Our staff of experts can answer any questions you have about this shoe and other shoes in our shops. Come in, schedule a gait analysis, or order a pair from our online shop today!