On the first Sunday of May, runners in Philadelphia line up to race down Broad Street. Starting in the Logan neighborhood (North Philly) and heading South toward the Navy Yard, runners go through the heart of the city passing diverse communities and neighborhoods while excited fans and volunteers cheer them on. If you're thinking of running the Broad Street Run this year, here are 10 things you should know about Philly’s favorite 10-mile race….. the largest 10-mile road race in the United States:
1. Save the date! The annual race, this year, is on Sunday, May 5th at 7:30AM.
2. The 2024 Broad Street Run lottery officially opens Thursday, February 1st at 12:01AM EST and goes through Thursday, February 15th at 11:59PM EST. Runners will be notified the week of February 19, 2024 on their lottery status.
3. Equal Rights: Everyone has an equal chance to be one of the 35,000+ runners in the 10-mile race whether you register on day 1 or day 14. There are a few exceptions to this rule, keep reading to see how you can skip the lottery and still run the race.
4. Pay to Play: Have your credit card information ready when you're entering the lottery. Runners will be charged the entry fee after the lottery selections are made.
5. Tenured runners (those who have competed in the Independence Blue Cross Broad Street Run 10 or more times) are eligible for guaranteed registration.
7. Skip the lottery! Secure your spot on Broad Street by fundraising for one of the race’s official charity partners: American Cancer Society, American Association for Cancer Research, Back on My Feet, Fairmount Park Conservancy, and Students Run Philly Style.
8. Now would be a great time to pick up the new Philadelphia Runner Sublimated Singlet!
9. And don’t forget your Philadelphia Runner Vintage Logo Apparel!
10. Time to Train! Team Philly Race Training is the official race training program for the Broad Street Run. Whether you are racing for the first time or looking to set a new PR, Team Philly has the plan for you. Kick off training with us on Saturday, February 24th!
We've got you covered for all of your Broad Street needs. Continue your online visit with us, or stop by one of our four store locations:
PR Center City: 1711 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA
PR University City: 3621 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA
PR Manayunk: 4358 Main Street, Philadelphia, PA
PR Glen Mills: 505 Glen Eagle Square, Glen Mills, PA